Monday, September 15, 2008

Apple my Love


Oh Apple, how I love you. Not only has Apple given the world the most useful multi-use phone ever created, it has put our world in our hands. Anyone who has an iPhone can access the Internet with the slide of the unlock key and a light press of the Safari button. That’s old news. Now with the App Store feature, iPhone owners can personalize their experience with their phone and the Internet on another level. As I was browsing through my App Store over the weekend something caught my eye. The App Store now contains an application called Feeds, created by Prime31 Web Design and a few other feeds pertaining to blogs. Also, there is a free application, TypePad that allows users to update their blog from their iPhones, it integrates with TypePad on their desktops, and if the users have a Twitter account, it automatically updates their Twitter alerting their friends of the recent updates. All-in-one features, who could ask for more?

Web 2.0 has created a new world within consumerism. Where will this new level of consumerism take us? As “new influencers” what effect will our choices of gadgets and applications have on Web 2.0? Due to the creation of multi-use phones such as the iPhone, the Blackberry, and the Instinct people can share their pictures and their thoughts with others at a much quicker rate than before. Oh the possibilities…

If an individual would like to have their world, their way, in the palm of their hand, the iPhone is the go-to gadget. Since having my iPhone I have gone through numerous stages of appreciation. At first my phone as something cool, then it was an obsession, my obsession grew into my phone being an extension of my body, and has now grown into an active agent of my Digital Profile.

Once again, Thank You Apple.

1 comment:

Royal Raven said...

Ugh, what I would do for an IPhone. I was searching the Internet on one the other day and found it so convenient and refreshing. But it’s like 80 bucks a month and I can’t afford that. Though eventually I will be able to and hopefully by then Apple will have perfected it to watch movies, TV and have an even faster Internet speed.